The Career-Changing Journey of The Innovative Admin™
A new 6-part course for career-minded administrative professionals.
Go from feeling overlooked and underappreciated to becoming the admin everyone raves about!
Promote yourself to CEO of your career!
Choose and adopt the innovation mindset.
Energize your career.
Stop Waiting and Hoping to Get Noticed
Being overlooked or taken for granted is frustrating.
Expand your comfort zone and see what else is possible.
Take Charge of Your Career!
It can happen at a moment’s notice. A single business decision can completely change who you support, where you work, or whether you have a job at all.
When unexpected events impact your career path, having a career plan in place helps you navigate the twists and turns and course-correct quickly.
Download From Reactive to Proactive: Creating Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan and start creating your plan today!
Be the Go-To Person Everyone Can Rely On
Be Prepared for Change
Whether it’s a change you choose or an unexpected change, you’ll be ready.
Know when to speak up and feel confident sharing your ideas and expertise.
Demonstrate Your Value
Become a meaningful contributor that your executives and team members can rely on.
The Career-Changing Journey of The Innovative Admin™ Course
Your Course Registration Includes:
Lesson 1: Defining the Career-Changing Journey of The Innovative Admin™
When it comes to your career, we know you want to be prepared for taking action so you can realize your full potential. In order to do that, you need support, resources, and a clear plan of action.
The problem is you’re already busy and overwhelmed, struggling to get it all done, which makes you question whether you can keep up. When you think about pushing yourself to expand your comfort zone and see what else is possible, you’re not sure the outcome is worth the effort.
We believe assistants are uniquely positioned to be innovators with the ability to implement change. We understand what it’s like to feel stuck which is why we help admins enhance their capacity for innovation.
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Become the CEO of your career.
- Understand the innovator’s roadmap.
- Be prepared for career changes – both planned and unexpected.
- Confidently share your ideas and implement them.
- Energize your job and career.
Lesson 3: How to Increase Your Value and Become Part of the Executive Team
As an admin, you’re responsible for preparing your executive for meetings, but oftentimes you’re not invited to the meeting itself. This can be frustrating since you’re responsible for completing action items discussed behind closed doors. Tracking things down and getting up to speed on next steps after the meeting is a waste of time when you should have been included in the first place. Plus, these situations leave you feeling resentful, undervalued, and out of the loop.
The problem is not every executive knows how to partner with their executive assistant. And not every assistant feels comfortable or confident enough to speak up and ask to be included. It’s time for this to change.
We believe that skilled, motivated assistants with exceptional emotional intelligence, strong business acumen, and the willingness to self-advocate should be part of the executive team.
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What business acumen is, and how it helps you add value.
- Five ways to develop and strengthen your business acumen.
- How to become a better collaborator and build your personal innovation lab.
- Why you need a documented plan for continuing your education.
- Eight ways to engage in lifelong learning.
- How to share your input confidently and professionally.
Lesson 5: How to Take Initiative as The Innovative Admin™
As a motivated, competent administrative professional, you know you are more than capable of doing what needs to be done. You can see the bottlenecks in workflows. You have ideas on how to improve office systems. You can easily identify tasks that are not a good use of your executive’s time. But getting your executive to let go of those tasks and delegate them to you – without micromanaging – can be a challenge!
The problem is knowing when and how to take initiative can be complicated. Different work styles and individual strengths can make it difficult to know when to take action on your own or ask first.
The longer this goes on, the less confident you feel taking the initiative. This can lead to fear of making mistakes, frustration with your job, or even resentment toward your executive.
The good news is these relationships and environments can be transformed. If you aren’t comfortable taking the initiative, it is a skill you can learn and improve with some effort and focus.
During this session, we’ll help you:
- Evaluate where you currently rank on the seven levels of taking initiative.
- Explore specific strategies to gain confidence and be better prepared to take the initiative.
- Identify actions that demonstrate your ability to take initiative.
- Understand how to handle mistakes professionally.
- Make a business case and create an implementation plan that builds your executive’s trust in your “take action” approach to any task or project.
Six (6) downloadable lesson handouts.
Lesson 2: How to Identify and Demonstrate Your Value In the Workplace
When it comes to your job, you want to be the go-to person everyone can rely on. You want to work more effectively with your executive and colleagues and gain the trust and respect you deserve. To do that, you need to bring your absolute best and most authentic self to the office each day.
Everything you do as an admin involves communication and relationship building. Why and how you do what you do is related to your personality preferences, strengths, experiences, and more. The more you understand these things about yourself and others, the happier and more fulfilling your personal and work life will be.
We believe assistants should feel comfortable being their authentic selves at work which is why we help you raise your EQ (emotional intelligence) and cultivate the skills that help you be The Innovative Admin™.
In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Determine your work style and personality type.
- Observe and watch for clues people share about their work style and personality type.
- Apply this knowledge to your work relationships using a few simple strategies.
- Surround yourself with the proper training, resources, and people you need to excel.
Lesson 4: How to Fuel Your Success as The Innovative Admin™
As an admin, you want to be a meaningful contributor that your executives and team members can rely on to brainstorm ideas and find solutions for challenges. You need to generate new ideas and connect people to the resources they need. That means you need to expand your thinking and recharge on a consistent basis.
We understand what it’s like to run at capacity. It’s overwhelming trying to fit in activities that help you refocus and explore the new ideas that you need to be successful.
What we’ve discovered as we’ve studied successful people is this: it’s the seemingly little things they do consistently that makes them successful.
During this session, you’ll learn:
- Four types of activities that can help you cultivate innovation around you.
- Simple ways you can integrate these activities into your life so they are part of how you live, not something else you have to do.
- What to include in your system for time, task, and idea management.
- How to create a personalized system that helps you achieve the goals and aspirations you have for yourself.
Lesson 6: How to Prepare for Career Changes as The Innovative Admin™
As an admin, you want to be prepared for career changes – the ones you create and the ones you encounter due to circumstances, events, and other people. When opportunities present themselves, you need to be ready.
The problem is you can’t predict all of the changes you’ll wrestle with during your career. Executives retire, companies merge, and technology constantly advances. You might switch positions, take an extended leave, or move across the country for your spouse’s career. Add natural disasters, regulatory changes, or a global pandemic, and anxiety can become a constant companion.
We understand the nervousness created by uncertainty. That’s why we help admins position themselves to seek and take advantage of career opportunities, embrace change, and take charge of their careers.
When you make the shift from reactive to proactive, you will be:
- More agile and adaptable when changes occur in your professional life.
- Smarter about how you spend time, money, and other resources related to education, training, certifications, etc.
- Prepared for opportunities.
- Proactive about planning for the future needs of your profession.
During this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What you must have in your job search toolkit to always be prepared.
- Why a strategic administrative career plan is vital to setting meaningful goals and advancing your career.
- How to create a better system for tracking goals and preparing for your annual performance review.
- How to make career planning part of your normal routine and organize yourself for success.
When you complete the course, you’ll automatically be awarded a downloadable Completion Certificate that you can print and add to your professional portfolio, your annual review folder, and other career documentation.
Founder & CEO, All Things Admin
Meet Your Instructor
Julie Perrine is the founder of All Things Admin. She is also an enthusiastic trainer, author, Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Administrator, perpetual planner, longtime thimble collector, and adoring aunt.
As a former executive assistant and an advocate of the administrative profession, Julie encourages admins to be prepared, hone their skills, and always keep their minds open to new career opportunities. Her mission is to help assistants thrive, build and strengthen their professional relationships, and become assets to their executives and organizations.
She believes that people in the administrative profession have the ability to go anywhere they want to professionally – from a desk in the C-suite supporting a top executive to becoming an executive and running their own business. Her upbeat, step-by-step approach to handling the opportunities and challenges admins face includes proactive strategies for developing a plan, creating forward motion, and achieving great results.
How It Works
Register for the Course
Get started in less than 15 minutes with our simple registration process!
Work At Your Own Pace
Lessons are broken down into short topics so you can make progress with a busy schedule.
Realize Your Potential
Position yourself to seek change, expand your opportunities, and take charge of your career!
The Career-Changing Journey of The Innovative Admin™ Course