Your Career Crisis P.L.A.N. of Attack
A New 6-Part Course for Success-Minded Administrative Professionals
Career changes will happen – be ready when they do!
It can happen at a moment’s notice. A single business decision can completely change who you support, where you work,
or whether you have a job at all.
Spouses need to relocate.
A global pandemic happens.
There are numerous events that can cause a career shift. And they’re all overwhelming to say the least.
When your job is up in the air, it’s easy for fear, doubt, and worry to take over. Combine that with what we know about past economic downturns and the financial realities that followed, and the stress of job uncertainty is amplified tenfold. Many are feeling these same feelings of anxiety about their jobs today.
So how do you proactively prepare for these unexpected professional twists and turns?
Create your P.L.A.N.
Pursue new opportunities with confidence.
Create a strategy to keep you focused and ready for whatever comes next with Your Career Crisis P.L.A.N. of Attack!
This 6-part training course, presented by All Things Admin Founder and CEO Julie Perrine, is designed to help you develop your instant strategy P.L.A.N. and prioritize what to do next.
Your course registration Includes:
Lesson 1: The P.L.A.N. Overview
Create a strategy plan to keep you focused and ready for any career changes. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What to include in your instant strategy P.L.A.N.
- How to organize yourself for success
- Why you need a comprehensive professional portfolio strategy
- How to get started creating your professional portfolio in print, social, and digital formats
- How to create an accomplishments-focused resume
- Why your network is vital to career success
Lesson 3: Professional Portfolio – Digital Version
Develop a digital professional portfolio to innovatively showcase your skills. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- Seven basic steps of digital portfolio development
- How to get started with WordPress
- Which pages to include on your digital portfolio site
- How to safely share your resume and contact information online
- Why you may want a domain name and how to reserve one
- Where to share your digital portfolio link for maximum career benefit
- How blogging can help you build your brand, showcase skills, and expand your opportunities
- How to use your site for career planning, annual reviews, interviews, and more
Lesson 5: Accomplishments-Focused Resume
Enhance your resume with quantifiable accomplishments. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How to create a powerful first impression with personal branding statements
- Ways to craft a career profile summary statement
- How to put the spotlight on your accomplishments versus your job description
- How to make a habit of tracking your accomplishments weekly
- Detailed workbooks for each lesson, with a specific plan of action for implementing what you learn
- Resume update workbook
- Two resume templates
- Professional accomplishments tracking template
- Personal business cards template
Lesson 2: Professional Portfolio – Print Version
Create a powerful professional portfolio of work samples that prove your skills and experience. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- Five simple steps for professional portfolio development
- Which sections to include in your portfolio
- How to find samples of your work to showcase
- How to present work samples so they make sense and highlight your skills and contributions
- Ways to utilize your portfolio for career advancement
Lesson 4: LinkedIn Profile – Social Portfolio
Maximize your LinkedIn profile for job hunting and professional networking. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How to update your LinkedIn profile without broadcasting the edits to your network
- How to professionally brand yourself on LinkedIn
- What to put in the various sections of your profile
- How to find connections and build your network
- What types of posts to share on your profile page
- How to search for jobs on LinkedIn
Lesson 6: Nurture Your Network
Authentically nurture your network online and in person. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What it means to have a networking mindset
- How to build your personal innovation lab of advisors
- Five ways to consistently nurture your network online and in person
- Why every professional needs personal business cards
When you complete this course, you’ll automatically be awarded a downloadable completion certificate that you can print and include in your professional portfolio, annual review folder, and other career documentation.
Be ready to navigate whatever professional changes come your way!
Founder & CEO, All Things Admin
Meet Your Instructor
Julie Perrine is the founder of All Things Admin. She is also an enthusiastic trainer, author, Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Administrator, perpetual planner, longtime thimble collector, and adoring aunt.
As a former executive assistant and an advocate of the administrative profession, Julie encourages admins to be prepared, hone their skills, and always keep their minds open to new career opportunities. Her mission is to help assistants thrive, build and strengthen their professional relationships, and become assets to their executives and organizations.
She believes that people in the administrative profession have the ability to go anywhere they want to professionally – from a desk in the C-suite supporting a top executive to becoming an executive and running their own business. Her upbeat, step-by-step approach to handling the opportunities and challenges admins face includes proactive strategies for developing a plan, creating forward motion, and achieving great results.
How It Works
Register for the Course
Get started in less than 15 minutes with our simple registration process!
Work At Your Own Pace
Lessons are broken down into short topics so you can make progress with a busy schedule.
Be Prepared for the Future
The Career Crisis P.L.A.N. of Attack Course